We organized an outreach workshop on February 3, 2017, at the Committee of the Regions. During this workshop we presented and discussed research finding with other researchers and practitioners. The following experts took part in this event: Wolfgang Petzold, Luc Van den Brande, Peter Bursens, Simone Piattoni, Jan Beyers, Matti Van Hecke, Amadeu Altafaj, Judit Törökné Rózsa, Mathieu Mori, and Philipp Holzheid.
More precisely we dealt with the following topics:
- What determines the organizational form of regional representation in Brussels?
- What explains varying levels of regional mobilization?
- Which policy issues are important for regional representatives and which advocacy tactics and networks do regional representations adopt when seeking to influence EU policies?
- How do regions influence EU policy-making and what determines their success?
- What is the role of power, strategies and policy alignment in maximizing influence?
An summary of all the presentations can be found here.